Since I leave to Mexico in the morning how very appropriate it is that I leave you with a taco recipe before I go. Tacos have got to be one of the greatest meals. This recipe is simple, just swap out your tortilla for a piece of lettuce and you got yourself a paleo taco.
Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Combine all of these ingredients in a small bowl, whisk and set aside.
- 4 chicken breast thinly sliced
- Taco seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Pour the taco marinade over the chicken along with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix well and let the chicken marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tsp. coconut oil. Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer. (I had to do 2 batches)
- Cook chicken for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking, flip the chicken over using a spatula.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove from heat and store in dish covered with foil to keep warm.
- Avocado or guacamole
- Pico de gallo
- Finely diced onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Sautéed bell peppers and onion (so you turn it into a fajita)
- A wedge of lime to squeeze on top of your tacos
Well I guess its time to go to bed. See you in a week!