For this lovely post tonight, I bring you something so simple, and yet so yummy. It is called brussel sprout chips. It’s crispy and chewy and according to my husband tastes like popcorn. It really does taste like popcorn, at least to us it does, maybe we are just crazy.
Brussel Sprout Chips
Yields approximately 26 chips
- 4 Brussel Sprouts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take your washed brussel sprouts and cut off the very bottom stem, this way the outer leaves will fall right off. Keep removing the leaves and cutting the bottom stem until the leaves become too small and wrinkly. I got about 7-9 leaves per brussel sprout. You can save the remainder of the brussel sprouts for something else.
- In a bowl combine your brussel sprout leaves, oil, and salt and mix all together (I used my hands), until each leaf is evenly coated with oil.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet spread out the leaves and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the edges of the leaves are brown and when you pick them up they feel crisp, not limp. ~Mine took about 13 minutes~
- Sprinkle a bit more salt over the top and serve immediately.