- A banana
- A few almonds
- An avocado with black pepper
- Sweet potato fries
I was obviously very hungry this morning.
- Dill salmon from paleomg
- Zucchini sautéed with aji sauce
- Roasted sweet potato
- An orange
The salmon recipe was from paleomg, and it was really tasty. Don't make the same mistake as me of cooking the fish on broil, it will leave you with a really burnt top. Haha.
- Chicken curry salad with spinach, wrapped in a paleo wrap
Snack: smoothie- almond milk, banana, cinnamon, kale, and blueberries.
I made chicken curry salad for the first time last week using leftover roasted chicken breast, and I was in L.O.V.E. Everything about this salad is amazing, starting with the crunch from the celery and pecans, along with the burst of sweetness from the apples and raisins, down to the kick from the cayenne pepper. I recommend making the salad a day in advance, that way all the ingredients get a chance to mingle.
Chicken Curry Salad
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 cooked chicken breast- diced
- 1 1/2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 small apple diced
- 1/4 cup pecans or slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Place the salad in the fridge and let it sit overnight and enjoy the following day. You can try it in a paleo wrap, a lettuce wrap or just by it is delicious too!
I found the paleo wraps at whole foods, and was really excited to try them. The coconut flavor from the wrap compliments the curry salad nicely. But you can easily enjoy eating the salad all by itself.