My favorite thing was the tree and giraffe cut out I made from cardboard. Isn’t it cute?
But now its over and all that’s left to do is wait for the baby!!! I am so excited! It’s the first baby in the family, so I get to be an aunt!
I hope you didn’t think I was just going to show you baby shower pictures, I have a recipe too! Today’s recipe was meant to be a breakfast bar recipe, but the texture was too soft for a bar. So I decided it would be perfect for a pie filling, so I slapped a crust on it and TA-DA!
This recipe is great for when you have leftover roasted sweet potato. But if you don’t have roasted sweet potato on hand than you can either nuke it in the microwave like nomnompaleo does or use canned sweet potato. I have tried the microwave method and actually really like it for when I am pressed for time.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 2/3 cups walnuts
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil-melted
- 1 large roasted sweet potato or 1 Cup of canned sweet potato (works great with leftover sweet potato’s)
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a pie dish with coconut oil. (I used my 9.5 pyrex pie dish)
- For the pie crust add the first 4 ingredients and pulse 2 or 3 times. Next add the coconut oil, you want to pulse just until all the ingredients are well combined and the dough seems crumbly but will stick together when pressed between your fingers. If the crust seems too dry add a bit more coconut oil. ~ I like to have big pieces of walnuts in my pie crust so that it adds a nice crunch, so I only pulse the crust a few times.
- Pour the crust into the pie dish and using your hands press the pie crust into the dish making sure all the sides are covered with crust and that its as even as possible.
- Place the pie dish on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and whisk all together until well combined. When pie crust is done take it out of the oven and raise the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the oven reaches 425 pour the filling into the pie crust and bake it in the oven for 15 min. After 15 minutes bring the temperature down to 35o degrees and bake for 35 minutes. The edges of the filling will be set and the middle will look a bit jiggly.