Yields: 12 small pancakes- enough for 3-4 people
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (if you don’t like cinnamon you can leave this out)
- 3/4 cup almond milk or canned coconut milk works well too
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs (whites and yolk separated)
- Add all the dry ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix them together using a fork.
- Add your wet ingredients including the egg yolks into the same bowl and mix.
- Place your egg whites into a small bowl and beat them using a hand mixer on high until they form soft peaks and have tripled in size.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter. Try not to fold and mix too much, because this will cause the egg whites to deflate and loose their fluffiness.
- Add some coconut oil to your pan and heat over medium heat. Once your pan is hot take an ice cream scoop and scoop out some of the batter and plop into the pan, and than spread it out using the back of your ice cream scoop.
- These burn quickly so keep an eye on them, they take about 30 seconds on the first side and after flipping about 1 minute on the other side. (If that made any sense)
Once they are done serve these with your favorite pancake topping. Ruben likes blueberry syrup I make, but I prefer raw almond butter, with fresh blueberries or raspberries, some shredded coconut and maple syrup drizzled on top. AMAZING!!!!!
Eat up buttercup!