Yields: 4 servings
- 4 halibut filets
- 4 tbsp. pesto
- Olive oil
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon cut into wedges – for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Rinse the halibut and sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Add 1 tbsp. of pesto to each filet and spread the pesto onto the filet using a frosting knife. (If you don’t have a frosting knife, a regular butter knife should work just fine)
- Add 2-3 tomatoes slices onto each filet. Sprinkle a bit more salt and pepper, and drizzle a bit more little olive oil over the top of all the filets.
- Bake the halibut on a foil lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Serve the halibut over spaghetti squash with a lemon wedge on the side.
I made a side salad of tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, red wine vinegar, dill, salt and pepper and it paired very nicely with this meal.