This by far is one of my favorite sweet potato recipes. It sure beats wrapping your sweet potato in foil and tossing it in the oven. The secret to this recipe is allowing the sugar to ooze out of the sweet potato and caramelize. Therefore leaving you with a gorgeous golden crust around the edges.
Roasted Sweet Potato
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Wash your sweet potatoes, scrubbing them if necessary to get off any dirt.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into medallions, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Put your medallions into a large bowl, and pour the coconut oil over the top. Toss until evenly coated in oil.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet lay out the sweet potato medallions in a singe layer.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the sweet potato is soft and has formed a golden crust around the edge.