Quite often while at work ideas for new recipes come to mind, and I jot them down on a post it note. This recipe came to me as I was at work thinking about a perfect fall salad recipe that I felt was still missing something. And than it hit me, make cinnamon sliced almonds that would lend sweetness, crunch and spice to my salad. These almonds are seriously amazing, you can use them in your salad, as a topping for your pumpkin pie or pancakes or eat them all by themselves. To me they taste like cinnamon toast crunch.
Toasty Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup of raw sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- In a small bowl mix the almonds cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
- Fold in the maple syrup using a spatula
- Spread the almonds on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Using a spoon mix the almonds around once or twice while baking to keep it from burning.
- Remove from oven and mix with a spoon so it doesn’t form one large clump.
- Once cooled store in a glass jar at room temperature.