- DAY 26
- 1 boiled egg
- Egg salad with a dollop of mayo, 1 avocado, 1 green onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, diced serrano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. All wrapped up in nori with arugula.
- 1 orange
Lunch today really hit the spot. I am loving nori wraps right now, they are my best friends. :)
- Salmon- simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika pan-fried in coconut oil.
- Purple cabbage salad
I have a serious love for purple cabbage right now. Just something about the bright beautiful purple color is so intriguing! And I think it makes the most beautiful salad. I have been making my Chinese chicken salad a lot, but today I wanted to try something different. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but adding raisins took away from the bitterness of the broccoli and the cabbage and it gave a perfect balance of crunchy, and sweet with a slight bitterness. This salad has so many great textures going on! But please be aware that 1/2 a head of cabbage makes a HUGE salad; so don’t be fooled its small size.
Purple Cabbage Salad
Yields: A really big salad
- A little less than 1/2 a small purple cabbage thinly shredded. (I used my mandolin, but you can use a knife or the attachment on your food processor if you like, it just may not be as thin as if you were to use a mandolin)
- 1 apple diced
- 1 orange peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 green onions
- 2 cups of broccoli pulsed in the food processor, or hand chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 1/2 oranges
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard (you can leave that out if your not a big mustard fan)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Throw together all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
I served the salad with a squeeze of fresh orange juice over the top. I think avocados would be a good addition to the salad, but since my salmon already had guacamole I thought it would be overkill to my dinner to add it to my salad as well. I may try adding apple juice to the dressing next time, and leaving out the mustard.